Friday, December 15, 2006

Last night the wind howled, gusts up to 100 mph took down trees (including one in our neighbor's yard which went right across the main drag here in Westport!), and many power poles went down. We were without power for about 12 hrs, which is much better than the 3 days we were warned about. No worries, I was about to perc my coffee on the bbq (that camping equipment sure comes in handy!) when the power came back on. Then I realized I didn't have any ground coffee - just whole bean! We sure take electricity for granted! All of this wind, rain, snow, ice has me longing for the dog days of summer! In fact, we are making our camping reservations for next August! Can't wait to float the Dosewallips river and soak up some sun like Liz (left) and her friend Kasie last August. Winter hasn't officially started and I sure am sick of it!

No comments: